Ozonetech is a world recognized innovative brand that provides a complete range of state-of-the-art ozone and oxidation products, solutions and systems for treating air and water in various industrial and public utility applications.
Top ten advantages of ozone oxidation technology
Ozone is a trioxygen molecule with the chemical formula O3. It is a pale blue gas with a distinctive smell, that can be detected by most humans even in concentrations as low as 0.1 ppm. In nature, ozone is present in low concentrations and formed within the Earth’s atmosphere from oxygen, by the action of ultraviolet (UV) light, a form of electromagnetic radiation, and by electrical discharges, for example lightnings.
The highest concentration of ozone in nature can be found in the ozone layer of the stratosphere, absorbing most of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation emitted by the Sun.
Ozone is also a very powerful oxidant, easily soluble in water, able to break down a wide variety of compounds and microorganisms. Because of its properties, ozone is an ideal method of treating air and water against most contaminants or pollutants. For more safety-related information about the use of ozone, please click here.
Research shows that ozone is the most effective method of treating air and water from a time and cost perspective and can be applied in a broad range of industrial applications. Moreover, ozone diminishes the need of chemicals to zero and does not leave any potentially harmful byproducts, hence being the most sustainable and environmental-friendly treatment technology.
We have listed below the ten most important benefits that make ozone an ideal choice for any industry where clean air and water are required:
- Over 50% more efficient at breaking through bacteria membranes compared to chlorine.
- Eliminates a wide range of bacteria over 3000 times faster than chlorine.
- Potent disinfectant at low concentrations.
- Decomposes into oxygen gas leaving none of the byproducts that might pose health risks.
- FDA-approved for direct contact with food.
- Extends the shelf life of most food products.
- Efficient odor, taste and color remover.
- Easily and economically produced on the spot, ready to be applied.
- Easily detectable at low concentrations by humans, thereby safe to manage.
- Regulatory framework in place for human exposure in most countries.
We have gathered the most useful basic information about ozone on this page. Feel free to read more.